Ever wonder what you can do to extend your life? Live to 100? Perhaps more importantly be healthy and vital until the day you die?
Watch this amazing TED talk:
In summary, according to this study, people who live the longest and healthiest lives:
- They all do daily physical activity that isn’t overly strenuous on their body or joints
- They have a purpose that drives them on a daily basis
- They purposefully slow their lives down to deal with built-up stress
- They all take some “time off” to reflect or to relax on a very regular basis, relaxing/exposure to nature
- They eat food based on what is found around them and it forms the majority of their diet
- They eat mostly plant based foods, with a small amount of fish. They eat until they’re 80% full.
- They consume a moderate amount of red wine daily.
- They put their families and relatives first in their lives and have strong social contacts
- They don’t believe in retirement
Other research points to the importance of:
- Live in a place with little pollution and noise
- Live in a natural space, stay away from cities
- Surround yourself with a small group of supportive loving people
And I’m happy to report we are providing most of this on the ranch!